Pages

March 19, 2011

May The Odds Be In Your Favor

My bum days are doomed. Haha. In a few days, Tuesday to be exact, I'll be back to my profession. Eh? Not really, but I'll be taking these lectures/trainings to get ready for being a full-pledged nurse. BUT I should stop speaking too soon, baka ma-udlot. Now help me pray for the odds to be in my favor. OK, that's a segue. This post is really about me finishing The Hunger Games trilogy tonight.


I've got nothing to do the past weeks so I decided doing something worthwhile. I'm not a bookworm, I mean, I just turned one over the past year. :) So there's a really few number on my 'read' (past tense) shelf. Most of them are 'mainstream' books that I got to know by word of mouth. Not really, because it's through the internet, where I really don't hear them speak. But I don't know what it's called.

Anyways, back to this trilogy, many have been recommending the books, so I gave it a shot. Good to know its fiction because I notice I'm turning to a sleepy head with real-life stories. Plus, it's what I needed at the moment, replacing my wanting for more Harry Potter but getting tired of these vampire stories and all.

These are really page-turners. It's got a bit of all - action, suspense, romance, etc. Again, I just finished it tonight, so what's fresh in my mind are the last scenes from Mockingjay. I was just smiling the whole time reading the few pages because it's who I ship that get together in the end. :) I think I just said a bad thing! Haha. Of all the things I can be happy of the book, it's the love story that I'm really spoiling right now.

Now, it's time to wait for the movie version. :) I learned that Jennifer Lawrence will be doing the lead role, Katniss Everdeen. I honestly don't know her. Peace! Let's just see then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment